Call Recorder Access Software or Araña software?
Regularly we get the question: "What software should I use for my Call Recorder. What are the differences, advantages and disadvantages of both programs?
We would like to try to explain the differences so you can easily determine which software is best for you.
Our first Call Recorder models had a limited recording capacity of 30 and later 900 hours. At the moment we talk about a standard capacity of 20,700 hours for a stand-alone Vidicode Call Recorder.
With the increase of the recording capacity, the number of recordings skyrocketed. A single Call Recorder can contain thousands of recordings. For comfortable managing, backing up and retrieval of recordings, good PC software is essential.
Call Recorder Access Software
The Call Recorder Access software (CRAS) is a stand-alone Windows PC program for archiving, backing up and playback from 1 up to 250 (various models) Call Recorders. Installation should take place locally on a stand-alone PC or a network client PC. Each user has his or her own software and database on the PC.
The Araña software is designed to easily access recordings on the Call Recorders via a WEB interface, for a larger number of users. More and more applications are now using a web interface. Araña software can be centrally installed on a Windows client PC or run as a service in a Windows 2003 / 2008 server environment. Besides managing the recordings on the Call Recorder, Araña enables the (remote) management of the configuration of a Call Recorder ISDN II , -Octo Quarto or –PRI.. Which in turn makes it the ideal software for the remote management of these call recorders.
Differences between Call Recorder Access Software and Araña Software
When to use which software and what are the main differences?
- Decentralised installation on 1 or more PC's Windows Client
- Suitable for management of 1 or up to 250 recorders from one or several PCs
- Suitable for making backups and creating CD DVD archives
- Decentralised data management and user access rights
- No WEB interface. Is difficult to use for remote access to the recordings
- Support for Crypto Cards and Encryption on the recorders and personal computers (optional)
- Optional support for Fax Recording
- Extensive statistics module standard feature
- Low acquisition price for 1 or 2 users.
- Central installation on a single Windows client PC or Windows File Server
- Suitable for management of 1 or up to 250 recorders from 1 or more PC’s
- Configuration management Octo Quarto, ISDN II and PRI Recorders
- Central management of data, users and permissions
- WEB Interface. Access to recordings via web browser. (LAN and WAN)
- No support for CryptoCard and Encryption on the recorders** ( ** This will be added in future versions of the Araña software)
- Extensive statistics module as a standard feature
- Low acquisition price per User
Want to know more about the application and the differences between CRAS and Araña software, please contact the Vidicode sales or support team. We will be happy to help you.